here it is!

>> Thursday, April 15, 2010



As many of my dear friends know, I have been spending a lot of my free time (small in minutes as it may be) sewing. And those that have known me more than a few years, know that I have had a great love for vintage fashions. Especially the 50s and 60s. Nothing makes me happier than a hostess dress.

I was lucky to get some patterns ranging from the 40s-70s from various places. I decided it was time to marry my two interests and sew all of these wonderful pieces.

Now I know "passé" generally gives a negative feeling. (I know I can't help but hear the Dandy Warhols singing "I never thought you'd be a junkie because Heroin is so passé") but it simply means out of fashion. And honestly some of these patterns are so hilariously tacky that "passé" couldn't be more appropriate.

I thought I would start off with a prettier piece though. This was to get my feet wet so I chose one of two reproduction patterns I have.



Every week I will feature a new pattern, in detail, including a lot about how much I hate zippers. I was going to do them chronologically but that seems sort of dry, so I will just switch it up a bunch. I will also feature some of my favorite vintage and/or sewing buddies.

I hope you enjoy this as much as I will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note~

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP