simplicity 5315

>> Monday, November 28, 2011

When I see people in caftans, I get kinda jealous. They always seem so confident and easy in their manner. So I was pretty excited when I found this pattern. I even had the perfect fabric. I made it with out too much difficulty despite the copious amounts slippery, stretchy fabric used. And then I put it on. My daughter goes "Oh Mommy, no!" and my husband said "well...it's a thing." Yeah. It was that bad. 


So no pictures on me. Yes I know I will show of my mom bod in a bathing suit, but this was a new level of fug. I know now why people seem so confident in them. You must either be smokin' hot to pull one off or have serious delusions of grandeur, like enough that it warps the perceptions of the people around you into thinking you do, in fact, look amazing....in a mumu.

The pattern  - 

The dress -
 See regal right?!?
a little crooked stitching but other wise pretty right?!

WRONG!
Okay so the last shot is the back view obviously, but what you can't see is that this is how sloppy it looks from the front when it is on a person. Or at least on me.

Maybe a different fabric.....

4 Comments:

Siobhán November 28, 2011 at 11:00 AM  

I think you probably have to be fully dolled up, complete with killer heels (yet manage not to catch them in your hem) to get away with one of these. Or else audition for the part of Joseph or one of the wise men in Cora's school's nativity play?

Chrissy,  November 28, 2011 at 12:48 PM  

That material is awesome and the front view does look great... too bad it didn't work out :).

alizwa November 29, 2011 at 1:23 AM  

I friggin love it.
killer heels, gold hoop earrings, huge shades, big glass of wine and cute man by your side and your ready to go.

Anonymous,  November 29, 2011 at 10:32 AM  

it looks ok, really...
exept the back...i have an idea to maybe try to put a belt al around and make some v darts behind, to get nicer view...maybe..i don't know...
otherwise if u dont wear it, it's a pitty and wasted all that much material and time!

Post a Comment

Leave me a note~

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP