mccall's 5025

>> Sunday, August 1, 2010

I am going to come right out and say this is the bravest thing I have ever done, next to maybe having Cora. But at least when I had Cora I was medicated.

I made a swimsuit.
And I am showing it to the world...on me.
A month before my 10 year H.S. reunion.

Without going into too much detail, I have realized that having stretch marks, a soft tummy and big thighs are so far from the worst thing that can happen. In fact, I am pretty darn lucky. So here is the suit in all its glory.

I actually only had the pattern, no instructions for this so, I am pretty happy with the way it turned out. And I love the print.

1976, eat your heart out. Oh, and I slept in curlers last night for a party I went to today. That is why I am rocking some sweet hair!!

The pattern -


The Suit - 



I figure if I can show it to Las Vegas tomorrow, I can show it to you. Off to make a cocktail....

5 Comments:

Chrissy,  August 1, 2010 at 4:46 PM  

It is adorable... and you look great!

emma_G August 1, 2010 at 11:32 PM  

Looks fantastic and you look great :) Love the colours.

siobhan110,  August 2, 2010 at 2:46 AM  

*wolf whistle* Great fabric!

Anonymous,  August 2, 2010 at 5:18 AM  

Love it Gretchen. You look great (and so does the suit). ;~)
*MLG*

Irene Palfy August 7, 2010 at 3:53 AM  

Awesome! Don't be shy about your appearance - you look GREAT!
And: Chapeau! for sewing a bikini!! That's quite impressive! :")

Post a Comment

Leave me a note~

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP