butterick 6492

>> Thursday, September 9, 2010

Fall is here. Well, not officially, but it has hit the PNW, so a cardigan seemed appropriate. I had a little trouble with sizing this one. I took in the bust but I also took in the waist which was a mistake. The button holes also gave me hell, which sort of surprised me. So the fact that they are crooked was a little upsetting.

Truth be told, I will not be wearing the adorable cardigan much. It is so tight in the waist that I had to wear a corset to get it on. That is why you can't see my face in these pics....it was turning blue.

The pattern (c.1953) -


Front -


Back - 



I love the sleeve detail -


And to prove that it is a functional piece of clothing - 


Not too bad for my first time working with this fabric. I actually really enjoyed this little project and learned a few things for next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note~

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP